Saturday, September 1, 2012

Goodbye to the Garden

A very blessed September 1st to you! 
 
Today we got the garden cleaned out.  (Whew, it was humid!)  I love the garden, but am always glad to have all the dead vines and plants out.  There were several times this year that we thought it wouldn't make it, but it did and we were blessed with a great harvest! 
 



(August)
We will be wanting those bright red tomatoes in January...I guess that's what the canned ones are for!
 
(August)
Tomatoes to be juiced...my wonderful Momma worked hard on canning this year!  We (Leah and I) helped when we could, but she did a lot while we were doing school.
 
 
Now for some odds and ends:
 
A "C" pillow for some dear friends...my latest sewing project.  :)

Oh-so-good!  A new favorite in the Church household...chocolatey-peanut buttery-oreo goodness.
 
A year ago, today, we had a major storm come through and some trees to fall...looking back is a great reminder of the Lord's protection!  You can read about it here.
 
 
Well, that was a scattered blog post!  It has been a busy, hot month...I am ready for FALL!  Pretty leaves, cooler weather, pumpkin spice candles, here I come!  :)
 
 
Many blessings and much love!
 
 


No comments: